Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to Me: Introducing the Hall of (Obscure) Fame

A year has passed since I began blogging. (Actually it’s a year and five days, but so what?) In order to celebrate a year of gnashing my teeth, procrastinating, feeling guilty when I didn’t post regularly, feeling guilty when I did post but neglected the rest of my so-called “life” to do so, and agonizing over fine points of punctuation, I’ve added a “Hall of (Obscure) Fame” section over on the right-hand column, just beneath “My Non-Blog Articles”.

To assemble a list of my personal favorite posts, I read through my whole year’s output. Some of the posts I picked are lame attempts at humor; others are lame attempts at seriousness; some are a bit odd, and one or two are out-and-out weird.

It’s been said that all writing is autobiography. If so, the pieces in the “Hall of (Obscure) Fame” – reflecting what was going through my head when I wrote them, as well as what I was thinking last night when I chose them and not others – presumably say something profoundly meaningful about me. Take a look at them; and if any of you figure me out, let me know. I’ve been trying to do it for years, and I still don’t have a clue.

5 Comments:

At Tue Sep 05, 11:54:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger GollyGumDrops said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At Wed Sep 06, 07:11:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Congratulations on your blogiversary!

 
At Thu Sep 07, 06:14:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on keeping it going for a year. I find your posts interesting whenever I land here from Blog Mad

 
At Sat Sep 09, 01:47:00 AM GMT+3, Blogger Omni said...

Happy Blogiversary!! xo

 
At Sat Sep 09, 05:11:00 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very happy blogiversary Don and congratulations :) I hope I can match your blogging stamina. Will get stuck into reading your personal favourites between chunks of China in Transformation and Gracchi to Nero. In other exciting news, the word verification for your blog is working today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home