Thursday, October 27, 2005

Administrivia...

I've made a couple of template changes which might be of interest to you - or not: 1) After a micro-landslide in my informal poll on the Bravenet Link Exchange (one person hated it; nobody else offered an opinion), I've disabled the feature. No more annoying pop-under windows! 2) I've added Haloscan's (free!) Trackback system; I've also included the "auto-discover" code, so people using blogging systems that support this feature can link to articles here with less effort. (Someone want to let me know if that part works? Blogger doesn't make use of "auto-discover".) 3) I've opened comments to everyone - before, you had to be a Blogger member to leave comments. The word-verification option is still there, though, so if you're a computer program wishing to leave comment spam, you'd better have good pattern-recognition routines! 4) This one is oh-so-important: I've added a "Home" link to the bottom of the monthly archive pages, to take you back to the main page. This sounds completely trivial, but I for one found its lack to be disturbing. This probably says a lot about me, but I don't think I want to know what it says about me. (Reading through the text above, I realize that almost none of it makes any sense if the reader isn't at least mildly attuned to the relevant blogging jargon. I think perhaps there's some profound, slightly sad message here; but as it's 12:30 AM here and I'm feeling quite tired, I have no idea what the message is. If you figure it out, let me know - and use simple words!)

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 27, 02:35:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I glad that you decided to let non-bloggers in again!

 
At Thu Oct 27, 02:58:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Don Radlauer said...

Thanks, Ruth. I'd wanted to see more comment activity, and it looks like opening up comments to all (non-robotic) comers is the only way. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home